Locker is a leader in the perforated metal sheet market in Australia and New Zealand. Our organisation maintains the largest capacity and capability for producing perforated metals across the two countries.
Our deep tooling capacity and extensive organisational experience means we have a wide range of perforated metal sheets that are compliant with state-level requirements, ready to ship to our customers. And if your business needs a customised perforated metal sheet for a specific application, we’re ready, willing and able to produce a dependable and effective product.
What is perforated sheet metal?
Perforated sheet metal involves two key elements: an existing piece of sheet metal, perhaps galvanised steel or stainless steel, and a tool that stamps, drills or otherwise punches a hole into that sheet.
The end product is useful because it combines the strength and durability of flat sheets with a number of potential benefits offered by the holes stamped into the base layer.
In architectural applications, a perforated metal sheet can offer a number of benefits, including:
- Privacy: Screening off the inside of a building from the outside or reducing visibility into an office or sensitive business area.
- Protection from the elements: Perforated metal sheets limit sun exposure without eliminating it. This can also help reduce HVAC costs.
- Sound absorption: The structure of perforated metal sheets makes them effective in a variety of acoustic applications.
In terms of general industrial use, there are applications for perforated sheet metal across the modern economy in manufacturing, mining and other sectors. Examples include, but are far from limited to:
- Filters: Various hole sizes and types of perforated steel allow this material to be used for filters in many areas.
- Baskets and containers: Perforated metals is a durable and dependable choice when it comes to containers and baskets used in industrial environments.
- Grilles: Grilles made of perforated metal sheet balance privacy, visibility and security for an effective final product.
- Sieves: Sieves can also be made reliably with perforated metal sheets.
What kinds of perforated sheet metal are there?
Perforated sheet metal can be made with many types of base layers, including:
- Galvanised steel
- Mild steel
- Stainless steel
There are also many options for perforation type and pattern, such as:
- Club & Round
- Flanged (raised) holes
One of the biggest benefits of perforated sheet metal as an industrial material is its versatility.
There are a variety of stock perforated metal sheets that an established producer, like the experts at Locker, can quickly ship out to your business. If you need perforated metal sheets made to exacting specifications, for a unique and novel use or for any other reason where stock sheets don’t align with your needs, we can produce products with a wide range of hole sizes and using many types of metal.
Your partner for perforated metal sheets
At Locker, we pride ourselves on offering top-quality products, extensive customer service and all-around excellent support for our clients. Working with us means choosing a deeply experienced partner with the tools, knowledge and capacity to produce stock and custom perforated metal sheets that help your business address key needs. To learn more, get in touch with us today.